English / Français
[The Satanic Temple's tenets]
- One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
- The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
- One's body is inviolable, subject to one's own will alone.
- The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
- Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
- People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused
- Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.
- Occam's razor: Simpler explanations are more likely to be correct; avoid unnecessary or improbable assumptions.
- Grice's razor: As a principle of parsimony, conversational implications are to be preferred over semantic context for linguistic explanations.
- Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
- Hume's razor: If the cause, assigned for any effect, be not sufficient to produce it, we must either reject that cause, or add to it such qualities as will give it a just proportion to the effect.
- Hitchens' razor: What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
- Alder's razor: If something cannot be settled by experiment or observation, then it is not worthy of debate.
- Rand's razor: Prior to philosophizing, the philosopher needs to identify their initial, irreducible, primary axioms.
- Sagan standard: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
- Popper's falsifiability principle: For a theory to be considered scientific, it must be falsifiable.
Powered by sthttpd, Haproxy, Archlinux, Cloud Commander and Transmission